Riverdale Park Public Works Dept. will not pickup the following items:
- Tree trunks, stumps and bamboo of any size.
- Tree limbs, shrubs - over 6 inches in diameter and 5 feet in length. All other tree limbs, shrubs must be tied in bundles not over 30 lbs.
- Lumber - from demolition or replacement for a structure or component of a structure
- Roofing material - whole roof or part thereof
- Plaster, plasterboard and interior tile
- Chain link fence and poles.
- Lawnmowers or any other gas powered tool unless gas tank is removed
- Automobiles - including major components -call for information.
- Dirt, stone, gravel, and sod
- Concrete block and brick
- Cement, concrete and bituminous pavement rubble
- Antifreeze, oil of any kind, and hazardous materials, and/or chemicals
- Road material
- Place your acceptable household bulky trash out by the curb between sundown the day before and 7am on second scheduled pickup day of each week. (Area A on Thursday and Area B on Friday.)
- Metal will be collected separately each week. Place your metal out by the curb between sundown the day before and 7am on second scheduled pickup day of each week. (Area A on Thursday and Area B on Friday.)
- Loose trash of any kind that may be scattered must be confined in containers with a tight fitting lid.
- Trash cans over 35 gallons will not be emptied (due to injuries to employees.)
- Trash cans with loose food and garbage will not be emptied. All cans must use inserts to hold the trash and have a tight fitting lid.
- We now can pickup units containing refrigerants for a fee. Fees must be paid at Town Hall prior to pick up. Fees are: tires - $2.50 each, dehumidifiers - $5 each, air conditioners - $15 each, refrigerators or freezers - $25 each. Seniors receive 20% discount. Call Public Works to arrange special item pickups before putting them out for pickup.
Call Public Works Dept. 301-864-1803 for more information.