Council Actions for March 2001
Following is a summary of council actions taken at the February 5 regular legislative session and February 26 special legislative session. Absences, abstentions and opposing votes are noted.
Regular Legislative Session February 5, 2001 (CM Gross absent.)
1. Approved curb cuts for two properties - 5307/5311 Powhatan Road - Owners: Mack and Debbie Grade - (Ward 6).
2. Set Monday, May 7, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. by machine ballot for election of Mayor and six councilmembers. Registration closes: April 9. Candidate petitions due: April 12 by 5:00 p.m. Appointed judges of election:
Chief Judge - Lynda Holmes
3. Appointed members of Election Appeals Board:
Ward 1 - Ken Laureys
4. Introduced 2001-CR-1, a charter amendment to require a majority vote for election of officials.
5. Introduced 2001-CR-1, an ordinance to oversee publication of the town's newsletter.
6. Adopted 2001-R-2, to provide town support for implementation of tree planting on private property (at owner's request) with private funds donated to the project.
7. Approved installation of "No Parking" signs on west side of 54th Place at Quesada Road (Ward 2).
Special Legislative Session February 26, 2001
1. Introduced 2001-OR-2 amendments to Chapter 29, Elections, to require campaign finance reporting.
This page was last changed on Saturday, May 5, 2001. Questions, comments, or submissions? See the Website Committee web page. This page has been accessed 4615 times.