Community Center Survey Results
by Gerard F. Kiernan
This article presents the results from the survey that was published in the November issue of the Town Crier. 2033 surveys were mailed out. 113 were returned on time and 5 more were received on November 29 and 30. The committee decided to consider these late arrivals in the analysis. The 118 replies give a 5.8% response rate for the survey.
The questions are given as they were in the survey with minor editorial corrections for space. [For a better formatted and more complete set of survey results, please look at the Community Center Study Committee page -- email@example.com ]
The Department of Parks and Recreation in Prince George's County operates Community Centers throughout the County. In particular, there are three neighboring Centers.
1. Have any members of your household used any of the facilities or taken part in an activity sponsored by one of these centers in the last:
2. If members of your household currently use a community center, how often do they go?
3. If your household does not use any of the existing community centers, please tell us why?
4. If your household uses one of the existing community centers, which of the following activities do you participate in?
5. Have any members of your household visited the old or new College Park Aviation Museum?
6. Have any members of your household toured or attended cultural events sponsored by the Riversdale Mansion? Yes 80 No 31
7. Do any members of your household participate in activities sponsored by the Riverdale Boys and Girls Club? Yes 19 No 93
8. Do any members of your household participate in recreational activities (for example, Scouting or sports teams) organized by their church or school?
9. The Riverdale Park Recreation Board or the Town sponsors the following activities during the year. Have any members of your household attended any of them in the last five years?
10. A center could offer services in addition to those previously listed. The following are some suggestions. Please check those of interest to you.
10a. Community health screening 37
11. If a community center is established, and funded in part with Town money, should fees for non-residents be higher than for residents?
12. If a community center is established. and funded in part with Town money, are you willing to have your real estate taxes increased to pay to build and operate the center? Yes 21 No 95
13. If a community center is established in Riverdale Park, will your household use it?
14. Do you think that there is a need for a community center in Riverdale Park?
Some information about your household:
14. Do you live in a: House 112 Apartment 5
15. If you live in a house, do own or rent it?
16. Please check the ages of the members of this household: 0-6 15
This page was last changed on Wednesday, February 2, 2000. Questions, comments, or submissions? See the Website Committee web page. This page has been accessed 4934 times.