townseal picture

Home

Town Crier for March 2001

Global Navigation Links
§ Recent Changes to the Site
§ Overview
§ Town Services & Contact Info
§ Information about Riverdale Park
§ Town History
§ News and Events
§ Related Links
§ Search This Web Site

Local Navigation Links
(News/Town Crier)
§ Charter Amendment Resolution 2001 CR-1
§ Community Circles for February 2001
§ Council Actions for March 2001
§ Farewell to Miss Bailey

Woman's Club Members Recognized

On February 12, members of the Riverdale Woman's Club were hosted to lunch at town hall in recognition of their donation of $6,000 for furnishings for the new conference room.

The Woman's Club was chartered in 1921 and over its 79 year history made significant contributions to the town. One of its first projects was the purchase of 17 helmets, coats and boots for the town's volunteer firemen. Other projects included financial support for Riverdale Elementary School and donations to purchase furnishings for Riversdale.

The Club has not renewed its charter in 2001, due to its low membership numbers, but instead will meet as a social group, from time to time, using the town hall as its meeting place.

A plaque has been installed in the conference room recognizing the club and its generous contribution.

Members of the Woman's Club, left to right, Theta Zornes, Doris Ridgeway, Selma Clayman and Dorothy Liebl. (Doris Pullman not shown.)

.
This page was last changed on Monday, June 25, 2001. Questions, comments, or submissions? See the Website Committee web page. This page has been accessed 5719 times.